Saturday, October 27, 2007

Greg Recommends


Join the TSRA.

The Texas State Rifle Association is by Texans for Texans. These folks offer a great service to all shooting sports, but particularly to Texas CHL holders. Their bi-monthly magazine (I wish it were monthly) is full of good information and resources, and always has a particular section for the Texas concealed Handgun Laws.

Membership is not expensive, and the staff is always helpful. I always look forward to receiving their magazine.

While I am not political, I do disagree with the philosophy of some of the other associations to which I belong. Don't get me wrong, I belong to a number of these groups and they are all doing us a service. I believe I should support first amendment rights as well as second amendment rights. It's just that they sometimes come on too strongly for my individual taste. If I disagree with something TSRA says, I will not hesitate to say so, but so far, I am very pleased with their position on the issues.

No comments: